The Birthday Surprise

Posted by Arvi on Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Our celebration from Ava's second birthday turned out really well which gave me a list of different topics I can blog about from that trip. While I am still organizing my posts, I will jump right up to Mr. T's celebration which happened the following week.

This year, Mr. T turned 30. :)))

We don't really celebrate our birthdays with big parties but I thought this year should be special. I was originally thinking of having a joint celebration for Mr. T and Ava but given our trip already, I don't think it will be practical to spend more. Plus, I really wanted this celebration made special for Mr. T. :)

So two months before our trip, right before everything went chaotic, I decided to go for a simple birthday surprise with our family and friends. I sent messages to our different groups, his former and current officemates included.

I have everything all set in my mind already - Mr. T will arrive at the venue thinking he was just there to pick me up from a meeting, but he will be greeted with a Happy Birthday song by our family and friends. But Saturday's horrible traffic made some unexpected twist in what's supposed to be a perfect surprise. Mr. T arrived at the venue unexpected and unannounced. But it was a fun get together with everyone nonetheless.







While it was a simple merienda get-together, I thought a candy buffet would be a nice add-on so our guests can get some sweet treats after. If I had the time, for sure I would've DIY this one. Luckily, from Ezio's party last year, we met Ara of Andain's Candy Buffet. So I got in touched with her, sent a couple of photos and some details and that's it. She did a really great job at setting up our candy buffet which also served as our backdrop for picture taking.

Here are some photos of our candy buffet ℅ Ara.


These treats not only looked good on pictures but they tasted great as well. Mr. T loved those cupcakes! Now I know I don't have to DIY all the time because I finally found someone who got all my ideas with just simple exchanges of messages. And oh, when she asked me what the theme's going to be, I just picked a red rustic barn setup image from Google and sent it to her. At the party when Ara was setting up, someone mentioned "Farmville" and that's when I realized that Mr. T is addicted to Farmville! My subconscious was so aware of it that it decided for me. Lol. It was perfect!

Glad everything turned out well and the surprise was still a success.

Happiest birthday to my dear Hubee! :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment