Babywearing and Breastfeeding in a SaYa

Posted by Arvi on Saturday, May 10, 2014
I think I was more emotional now that Ava turned 18 months old compared when she turned one. Lol. I wonder why. Maybe because we are also celebrating some of the milestones she did at 6 months or maybe because it's Mother's Day. Or most likely, one of those times when I can't help but think that my baby's growing up so fast. #nanaysentiments


Breastfeeding while babywearing my 18m.o. darling daughter. 

So one result of my senti moment, I posted a photo of Ava breastfeeding while I wore her in our much loved SaYa carrier. And the beautiful Miss Buding, took notice and asked if I could make a simple video tutorial. I just love sharing and learning to and from other moms so I told her that I'll surely make one. And this is also my Mother's Day gift to my fellow babywearing Mamas. :)

Now please do keep it mind that what makes babywearing work is choosing the right size and type of carrier where you and your baby will be most comfortable. Also, there are video tutorials from SaYa's Youtube Channel for more references. How I put on our SaYa is different from these original video instructions so if you're a new SaYa user, I suggest you follow the official instructions first then try mine afterwards. :)

I also slowed down parts of the video but if you do this in actual, this should take you just less than a minute. ;)

Forgive me if I look awkward, and the half-hearted baby that is my daughter. Thanks to Mr. T for tagging along. Full family production. Lol. :)

4 comments:

  1. I have been researching about slings and carriers, trying to see, at least from the looks of things, which will work best for me when the baby comes. Thank you for this tutorial! :)

    Mars M.
    www.montessorionmars.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mars! Well we started with a baby pouch. But when baby got heavier, and when hubee wanted to babywear, we got an Ergo then our SaYa afterwards. Using a pouch or sling is the easiest and most convenient for me because we just "shoot as we go". Lol. But when baby becomes a bit bigger and heavier, you might want to consider a carrier with two-shoulder support. ;)

      Delete