Letters for Ava

Posted by Arvi on Friday, September 20, 2013
I like to think of myself as a Martha Stewart lady. :D

I love DIY stuff - sewing, crafting, cooking, baking, you name it. Everything in Martha's website, I'd love to try someday. That's why I know for a fact that I won't get bored nor become a bum should I decide to stop working one day. Lol. Just imagine all the projects I can make! :)

We all know that parties are always the best events where we can go ga-ga over DIY stuff. All the more if it's your little darling's first birthday party. :)

Here's one of the many DIY stuff I've been working on for Little A's simple birthday party celebration.

Letter Paper Mâchés

I already did these huge letter paper mâchés for our wedding but that was before when I still have the time and energy to do every single thing. :D Now, I am excited for the crafting revolution that is happening in the Philippines. Resources are still a bit limited but they're slowly building up, one craft store to another. And then of course we have these online stores offering a wide variety of crafting supplies. Just like ARTees Collection where I got these kraft letter paper mâchés. Definitely saved me from a lot of paper cuts. ;)

So here's how easily I did this project:

Let's start with the materials you'll need.

(1) Letter Paper Mache (2) Paints (3) Wrapping Paper

1. Pick the wrapping paper you want to use for your letters. You can opt to use the same pattern on all the letters or mix it up with two or three different patterns just like what I did.

Trace the letter at the back of the wrapping paper and cut. You can put marks on the paper and on the face of the letter to identify which cutout paper goes to which face since the paper mâchés are sometimes uneven.

2. Mix the paint color you want that will match with the color scheme and pattern of your chosen wrapping paper. You can go all matchy matchy or experiment with high contrasts or stronger shades.

Paint brush the sides of the letters. Depending on the consistency of your paint, you may need to apply a few coats to achieve your desired color or coverage.

3. Make sure that the paint has completely dried before proceeding. I let them sit overnight just to be sure. But a couple of hours will do I guess depending on the type of paint you will use.

4. Finally, spread a thin layer of glue on the face of the letter mâché. Make sure to spread them evenly to avoid lumps or bubbles. Slowly lay the cutout wrapping paper and set to dry.

As easy as that!

And for the final product. :)


Can't wait to put these together with my other DIY projects. :)

orderarteescollection@yahoo.com
(+63) 915.138.9920

No comments:

Post a Comment