No-Bake Chewy Oreo Squares

Posted by Arvi on Thursday, August 21, 2014
This very easy recipe was adapted from Picky-Palate's No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars. I was really aiming for exactly the same results, but unfortunately mine went on a different path. Lol.


Ingredients:

32 pcs. Oreo Cookies (approximately)
3 cups Large White Marshmallows
4 tbsp. Butter
How to Make:
  1. Place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground. Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 minutes. Remove and pour in ground Oreo Cookies. Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan. Let set up for 10 minutes. Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.
It's that easy, but how come mine didn't turn out the same? I didn't follow the quantities indicated in the recipe because I didn't have it with me while I was doing it. Yes, I know, how smart. :D



Because I must have blended my Oreo cookies a bit too much, instead of small granules, I ended up with finely grounded Oreos. My marshmallows were a bit smaller in proportion also that's why I didn't have that cookies and cream look. 

BUT, it didn't turn out bad. It was still chewy and yummy. Mr. T and Ava approved. 

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I love Oreo cookies so I can't wait to try this!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try this! So no need to put in the ref?(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need. :) They will come out chewy at room temperature. ;)

    ReplyDelete