Fambam Hits: LōLa Café & Bar

Posted by Arvi on Sunday, October 06, 2013
There is no excuse for a late post so I'll just skip the whole part where I will tell that the reason of this post being a week too late was because I got sick for days and all that stuff. No I won't tell you that. I'll just go straight to blogging about our lovely afternoon visit at  LōLa Café & Bar.

Right before our errands two weekends ago, we went to visit  LōLa for some merienda. I'm gonna blame it on Google Maps for making us miss the place because the pin was very inaccurate. Like two blocks inaccurate. I was totally relying on it and didn't realize we already passed the place.


Good thing the place was located within the residential neighborhood along Sct. Lozano, going back didn't take too long. We found ourselves entering what felt like the house of your Tita who just came from the States and invited you over for lunch. Lol at the description but that's how it felt. I can also imagine this place after office hours, hanging out with friends over a few cocktails or cocktails would be fun in a cozy setup such as LōLa's.

The al fresco dining area
The upper level which is the dining area.

But since we're new parents and we were there with the belle, let's just move on with the wholesome meal that we had. 

Rio | 120.00Php
I ordered their mocktail called Rio. It's a mix of mint leaves, grapefruit and apple juice. I have not tried any kind of cocktail or any alcoholic drink ever since I got pregnant. There were days when I'd suddenly think of a glass of mojito but it goes away as quickly. Good thing they have mocktails, it may not be the real thing but at least it felt like it. :D

Gambas Y Chorizo | 280.00Php
We started with the Gambas Y Chorizo. I am totally in love with these, served with packets of soft tortillas, the chorizo was not overpowering and their shrimps were very juicy.

A nice reminder printed on their paper place mats.
Pork-Chop |  250.00Php
Mr. T ordered, guess what, Pork-Chop. I have to give this to him though because he's really improved with his choices of food ever since I pointed out how much he's been missing every time he orders the usual when we're dining out. But like any other pork chops, this one tasted typical as it was presented. Though tender and juicy, still there was nothing spectacular about the whole dish.

Beef Salpicao | 280.00Php
Moving on, I guess Mr. T rubbed some of his comfort food cravings with me that's why I went for the Beef Salpicao. Now as typical as it may sound, and as typical as it may look, the Salpicao was more interesting. It was cooked perfectly, soft and tender and the flavours of the olive oil and the garlic were just perfect. Comfort food at its best.

Belgian Chocolate Cupcake | 60.00Php
Pistachio Pavlova | 90.00Php
Choices for dessert were very limited but definitely worth the try. Mr. T went for the Belgian Chocolate Cupcake which was topped with one of the best chocolate ganache I've had so far. I went for the Pistacho Pavlova. I love how it was presented with a slab of stone instead of the typical plate. Made the whole thing more interesting. The pavlova was very light as expected and the creamy pistachio creamy went perfect together with the fresh mango bits.

All in all our experience was good. But I think this place is best for hanging out and catching up with friends and families over dinner and a few drinks afterwards.

LōLa Café & Bar
99 Scout Lozano St.,
Quezon City, Philippines
Tel.: (+632) 501.2620

No comments:

Post a Comment