Easy DIY Washi Tape Organizer

Posted by Arvi on Saturday, August 23, 2014
I looove washi tapes! Cute patterns, lovely colors and more. You can use it in so many things like labels, wrappers, accents and more. It's also perfect in keeping a little tot busy even for just a few minutes.

This was posted over a year ago when I finally installed that wooden shelf I got from Papemelroti. If only my main purpose was to display these tapes, then this shelf is perfect as it is. But since I am actually using all these, this shelf turned out to be a bit of a hassle. Since the tapes were stacked, I need to take them the ones on top, even the stack beside, just to get the tape at the bottom. It became a bit of a hassle. So I searched for a washi tape holder/organizer only to find out that the one that I liked will cost me around 2,000Php. Ugh.

If I had the budget, I would've gotten me one of these from Scrappy Manila

Time for some DIY! :)

Since I already have a shelf to begin with, I only needed some wooden stick to hold the tapes. Here's how I made the whole thing with a little help from my Papa. ;)

What You'll Need:


How to:
  1. Start by cutting the wooden sticks to your required length, mine is around 40cm. Depending on the sticks you'll get, you might need to sand the wood to make it a bit smooth, especially around the edges.
  2. Mark the shelf where you'll screw the hook for the sticks. Make sure both sides are on the same level.
  3. If the shelf you're using has back panels in it, you can just directly screw the hooks on it. But mine has side panels only, so Papa had to turn the hooks to a 90° angle.
  4. Put your tapes on the sticks and place the sticks on your shelf. Easy peasy!
Total cost for this project: 450Php. Talk about savings, yes? :)



4 comments:

  1. ganda arvs. I need something like this din. My washis are stored in shoebox, kawawa naman sila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet mas marami ka choices diyan to do this. :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I am not into washi tapes but I think it's worth to try using them. Pwede rin ang idea na ito sa mga ribbons ko! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SJ! Yes you can also make one similar for your ribbons. :) Sa Pinterest andaming DIY riboon organizer. :)

      Delete