Pi Breakfast & Pies

Posted by Arvi on Sunday, August 24, 2014
We had an early start last Thursday despite of it being a holiday. I looove breakfast food, and the first thing I think of everytime my little fambam gets up early on a non-working day is where we can have breakfast.

I've been reading a lot about the food spots inside Teacher's Village and as much as I've been wanting to visit all of those places, Mr. T just isn't a fan of driving in Quezon City. But luckily, he agreed last Thursday, and I think it's a good sign for our possible food adventures in Quezon City.

Our choice: π Breakfast & Pies.


Like all the trending foodie places around the metro, Breakfast & Pies has that hole-in-the-wall vibe to it. A small space with cozy interiors smacked in the middle of an unexpected area. When we got there, the place was packed already. But luckily, we got seated after just a few minutes of waiting. We ordered as soon as we got to our table.

Huevos Rancheros | 275Php

Our first order was Huevos Rancheros. Think about a loaded pork and beans and this is what you get. Zucchini, eggplant, sweet potato, beans, tomato, bacon, chicken skin, bell peppers, cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, cilantro, eggs and Italian sausage. It was ok, serving was enough for sharing and I think this one is best paired with rice. But you have to order the rice as extra since it doesn't come with this.

Beef Belly Corned Beef | 225Php

Next is their version of corned beef, the Beef Belly Corned Beef. The corned beef was really tender and tasty but aside from that, there's really nothing spectacular about this whole dish. The rice, which was supposed to be an herbed garlic fried rice seemed like just a plain steamed rice and the egg, as you can see, was a bit burnt on the sides.

Eggs Benny | 275Php

I saw about 5 plates of this being served to customers in the short time we were waiting and as per the waiter's recommendation, I went for their bestseller and ordered Eggs Benny. It probably looks great in this photo, but it's very disappointing in real life. The asparagus were young and tender, the bacon was thick and juicy, the shoestring potato fries were great but the egg was overcooked. I love eggs benedict. And I was expecting a gooey runny yolk once I slice the egg open, but this one was so overcooked I had to re-read the menu to double check if I ordered an eggs benedict or a hard-boiled egg. It ruined the whole dish for me.

Red Velvet Brownie, 65Php | Smack Pie, 155Php | Chocolate Chip Cookie, 35Php

The Red Velvet Brownie was a bit hard and dry for my taste. I didn't even bother a second bite after my first one. The Smack pie is like a caramel/dulce de leche pie. I liked it because it's not too sweet, just right. Now the Chocolate Chip Cookie was our favorite. It's chewy and chocolatey, like someone baked it specially for you. Lol. We really loved it.

Just take a look at our little cookie monster enjoying every bite.


All in all, our dining experience was a bit more on the disappointing side. But I think they were a little understaffed because even though their servers were nice, we saw them scrambling at attending the customers. I think they should add more staff because even if their space is small, there are quite a lot of people coming in. If I were to ask Mr. T, I don't his interested in coming back to this place. But if it were me, I like giving second chances.

Maybe our next visit will be nicer. If, and when that happens, I will surely let you know. ;)

π Breakfast & Pies
39 Malingap, Teachers Vill QC
+632 2121212 (Delivery)
+632 4411773 (Pickup and Reservations)

No comments:

Post a Comment