100 Days of BLW

Posted by Arvi on Thursday, August 15, 2013
Baby Led Weaning (BLW) is defined as:
Quite simply, means letting your child feed themselves from the very start of weaning.
* re ‘wean’. This is meant in the Brit sense, not the American. In the UK, ‘weaning’ means ‘adding complementary foods’, whereas in the States it means ‘giving up breastfeeding’.

I learned about BLW during one of the breastfeeding meetups we attended earlier this year. A was just around three months then. Then I started reading about it and introduced it to Mr. T as well. After reading articles, watching videos and more, I was finally ready and confident enough to do it. Yes, I had to build my confidence level and had to learn the difference between choking and gagging.

And as A turned six months on May 1 of this year, we started our BLW journey.

Our little foodie in training. Her first solid food - avocado. No, she didn't eat cake. Lol.

Day 1. I prepped the avocado by peeling and cutting it into strips. Easy peasy. No need to mash or puree typically done in preparing baby food. A ate them like a pro. :)

Fast forward to today, Day 100. A is already eating a lot of different food varieties - fruits, veggies, meat and bread. The best part now is we're already eating as a family, where we're all seated and enjoying our food together at the same time. No one needs to spoon-feed A since she already eats on her own. If there's one thing I want our little fambam to value the most, that's gonna be the importance of eating meals together. Because nothing beats sharing stories over a nice dinner, after a hard day's work. And with BLW, looks like we're off to a good start. :)

Here's A's latest foodie video. Enjoying the Crispy Kulitis I posted on my previos entry.



I would also like to share with you the following links that might help should you decide to try BLW as well. :)

  1. Baby Led Weaning - the official website.
  2. Momtastic - a very helpful website not only for BLW but also for providing wholesome and healthy food for your babies.
  3. Baby Led Weaning Philippines - my favorite go-to site for all my BLW needs. :) I love sharing and learning from fellow Pinay BLW mommies. :) If the link is broken, you can just search 'Baby Led Weaning Philippines' on Facebook.

Happy BLW mommies! :)