The Hashtag Project

Posted by Arvi on Thursday, March 20, 2014
This is just the perfect entry for today because it's a #ThrowbackThrusday kind of thing. :)

I recently ordered an Instabook from Imagesmith. It's a book of your pictures gathered from your own Instagram gallery. For my first Instabook, I chose photos of Ava from her first year. And here's how the book turned out.


If you'd like to make something out of your Instagram gallery, then I would say go for an Instabook. ;)

Now, let me tell you that I had a hard time choosing photos because I was trying to follow a timeline. One feature that Instagram failed to do is their archiving system. They don't show the exact date when you posted your photos. Just the number of days or weeks ago. I had to use a third party app just to see when my photos were posted. That's when I thought of utilizing their hashtag feature. And I went OC on all my previous Instagram photos about Ava. That's where the flashback Friday came in because I couldn't help but felt nostalgic as I was browsing and tagging my toddler's baby photos. Yes, one year just passed us by so quickly.

On her First Month.
On her Third Month.
On her Eight Month.
My adorable toddler.
My everyday happiness. :)

So now, I have a set of unique hashtags for Ava - #everydayava, #avacaelin #avathetoddler #avayear(x)month(x). I think hashtagging your photos with dates is a good idea while Instagram does not include them in the interface yet. It would be easy to look at the photos and know when they were from. And it will be perfect should you decide to print them. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment